Monday, August 11, 2008

8 Little Girls, Ready To Play



This is the Lucy jumper, one of the back-to-school styles I debuted recently at Beehive. I just completed eight of these darlings for delivery to Monkey's Treehouse in Nashville (our exclusive Nashville retailer--thanks, Natalie!) and have another set to go into the shop this Friday.


I love the shape of it, and that the back closure is a simple overlap but with a big bow and piles of skirt--there are 720 inches of skirt in those eight dresses, two full 45" panels PER DRESS. It gives this fabulous no-more-WWII-rationing-for-me, 1950s feel to the whole thing. And the contrast waist band with ties is so simple but has so much punch up against the paperdoll fabric.



This is one of those prints that I see and know I MUST have, and I'm so in love with it. I'm not the only one--I've all but run out of what I have on hand and am calling in a reorder, it's been so popular! It has whimsy without being overly saccharine, a flawless combination in my book.

The Lucy is shown here on its own for back-to-school--here in the Deep South, that means more 90+ degree weather until Halloween--but I love it over a short sleeve tee for cooler days, and with a turtleneck and tights for winter. And our toddler thinks it's the greatest thing ever, and wants to wear hers NON-STOP. One of my favorite styles for playtime and Sundays and school and everything in between!

Hope your week is off to a good start, and that you have a full skirt to make you feel pretty!

No comments: