Saturday, October 4, 2008

September Campaign

Now that we're well into October, I wanted to drop a quick note about the September campaign I posted about on my birthday. It's such an amazing concept, first of all, that this guy my age just decided to do away with gifts and instead make his life and his time about doing something for people he would never meet. That overwhelms me, not only because I know I would never be able to do it, but also because it represents the kind of character I'd like to have.

I'm so grateful to those of you--especially my family--who have donated to this charity instead of shopping for me this birthday. I'll never miss the gifts, and I'll always remember your gesture. The best gift ever is one that's not forgotten.

There's video posted of the wells drilled all over Africa with the money raised through this campaign. It's totally worth watching. There is still plenty of room, too, to make donations on the website--no need to credit it to me or the September campaign, but if you're moved, please consider dropping a few pennies in the bucket to give a community access to clean, healthy water.

Take care, y'all, and drink deep.

No comments: