Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dear Eden,

I am a cheater.  If you are reading this, Eden, it's because you've randomly drawn my name as a winner in NaBloPoMo.  And I have posted this to let you know that I cheated.

I did publish a post for every day in November, it's true.  Some of them are really, really good, too--I sure hope you'll take the time to sift through and read some of them.  I have been a very busy girl.

But see, here's the thing.  I didn't publish a post ON every day in November.  I planned them out, I even outlined some of them, but sometimes I didn't have a photo, sometimes I just didn't get a project done, sometimes life got in the way. I posted a number of them AFTER the date. Which, now that I think of it, means some of my readers may have missed a post or two. Hi, guys! Sorry 'bout that, and all.

I know we're on the honor system, and that it would be easy to just allow you to believe that I did all the work and whee! take the prize.  But I would always always know, and it would haunt me the rest of my days. Haunt. Me.

So, I confess!  Please visit for a bit, but give that prize to someone more deserving/less honest than I.

Thanks,
Pretty Jane

P.S.  I cheated at NaNoWriMo, too.  Well, sorta.  I wrote all those words I said I wrote, every single one--I swear!--but they were non-fiction.  And it was, after all, supposed to be a novel.  I guess November just wasn't my month for following the letter of the law.

Is there a Loser's Prize for "Spirit of the Law"?

No comments: